The rifle of the 20th Century. While most of the 150th celebration centers around the guns of the 19th Century, the most famous bolt action of all time is also part of the action. This is a beautiful example of the Rifleman's Rifle. It begins with Super Grade styling and accents like a shadowline cheekpiece and recessed steel sling swivel studs. The deep relief scroll engraving with gold embellishments set it apart from any previous Model 70. The bolt body and extractor are jeweled to perfection. The high-grade walnut stock is abounding if figure and form. And the sharp, cut checkering is of extraordinary detail, right down to the spade pattern on the grip checkering. The steel bottom metal and floorplate and special 150th grip cap set off the beautiful look of the underside.
Plus all that makes the 70 a legend. Like a Pre-64 action with massive claw extractor. The cold hammer forged rifling. A free floated barrel. The ultra-functional three position safety. A recessed target crown that protects your rifle's accuracy.
- HIGH GRADE V/VI AMERICAN BLACK WALNUT STOCK WITH CUT CHECKERING AND DELUXE SHADOWLINE CHEEKPIECE place your eye in perfect alignment with the scope
- BLACK FORE-END TIP AND RECESSED STEEL SLING SWIVEL STUDS are classic Super Grade accents
- DEEP RELIEF SCROLL ENGRAVING WITH GOLD EMBELLISHMENTS on the highly polished blued receiver, barrel, trigger guard, floorplate and grip cap including the Winchester 150th Anniversary logo and the WRA scroll trademark
- JEWELED BOLT BODY AND EXTRACTOR add richness and impart a sense of traditional elegance
- STEEL TRIGGER GUARD AND ONE-PIECE BOTTOM METAL add rigidity for better accuracy