Browning BLR Lightweight '81 Takedown SS 30-06Sprg 4rnd Mag
Rugged and rowdy, right down to its very core, the BLR Lightweight ’81 Stainless is ready to take on the toughest hunting conditions you (and Mother Nature) can dish out. The satin finish on the laminated gray hardwood stock, the satin-nickel finish on the receiver and the matte finish on the stainless barrel mean no reflections will spook your trophy buck. The TRUGLO/Marbles fiber-optic front sight lets you draw a fine bead in low light conditions. This is what a serious lever-action hunting rifle should be, and what every other lever-action wishes it was.
- The button-rifled barrel is triple-checked for straightness and interior finish and then air-gauged to ensure a consistent diameter throughout the bore’s length.
- Every BLR barrel is individually finished with a hand-reamed chamber for tighter tolerances and more precise headspace.
- The barrel’s target-type Crown enables a more uniform release of gas as the bullet exits the muzzle, helping prevent any unwanted shift in bullet trajectory. The barrel Crown is recessed to help protect it from accidental impact damage that can degrade accuracy.
- The barrel’s standard sights include a Low-Profile adjustable square notch rear sight and a high-visibility fiber-optic front blade on a raised ramp-style base.
- The satin nickel finish on the receiver beautifully matches the satin stainless barrel finish.
- The takedown models of the BLR are unique, allowing you to simply flip a finger lever, twist the receiver and barrel 90 degrees and instantly separate the two parts for space saving storage or easy transportation, even in a backpack or hunting duffle. Reassembly is in reverse order and takes only seconds.
- The barrel on BLR Takedown models is factory drilled and tapped for an optional Browning forward-mounted scout-style scope base to provide a rock-solid optics mounting platform, allowing you to remove the barrel for transportation and storage without losing your scope’s zero.
- The aircraft grade alloy receiver is precision machined to provide outstanding reliability and years of dependable service.
- The slick-sided receiver houses the BLR’s lightning fast, glass-smooth rack and pinion lever action.
- The BLR has a rotating multi-lug bolt head that locks into the barrel extension to produce bolt-action accuracy and magnum-level strength.
- The BLR is one of the few lever-action rifle designs that is strong enough to use today’s most popular magnum cartridges, giving you the extended reach and flat bullet trajectory other lever-action owners can only dream of.
- The BLR has a recessed bolt face that surrounds the cartridge head for added strength and lasting dependability.
- The BLR’s generously-sized side ejection port allows fired cases to instantly clear the action without hitting you or your scope and bouncing back onto the receiver, potentially creating a jam.
- The folding hammer on the BLR provides an added measure of safety when the hammer is at half-cock, having two positions in that mode so the status of the rifle can be instantly seen and felt.
- The folding hammer on the BLR has four basic positions; Full-cock, half-cock, folded hammer position and the dropped or fired position.
- The BLR’s trigger is unique in that it travels along with the lever as it’s cycled, meaning that pinching your fingers between the lever and trigger on closing the action is a thing of the past.
- The fingerpiece on the BLR’s trigger is nice and wide with vertical friction ribs to prevent your finger from slipping, giving you more precise trigger control for those demanding long-range shots.
- The detachable steel box magazine makes for quick reloading, both in the field and on the range.
- Unlike lever actions with tubular magazines, the BLR’s detachable steel box magazine lets you use aerodynamically-superior pointed bullets, which opens up a whole new world of ballistic performance that is usually found in bolt-action and autoloading rifles.
- Magazine capacity is 3 rounds in the magnum calibers and 4 rounds in standard calibers.
- The BLR’s laminated stock is sculpted from a satin gray finished hardwood for no-nonsense durability and the cut checkering in the grip and fore-end is crisply executed for lasting good looks and a more solid grip.
|Calibre / Chamber||30-06Sprg|
|Magazine Capacity||4 Round|
|Trigger||Wide groove design trigger|
|Safety||Unique folding hammer|
|Sights||Square notch, adjustable rear|
|Recoil Pad||Deluxe recoil pad|
|Drop of Comb||22mm|
|Drop at Heel||33mm|